Episode #050: Jim and Betty Woods: The Longtime Owners of McSpadden Dulcimers
Listen Now (Duration 44 min.)
In this episode we feature our conversation with Jim and Betty Woods, longtime owners of the renowned McSpadden Dulcimers. Over the last two decades Jim and Betty were able to maintain and raise the reputation of McSpadden Dulcimers. In 2020, Jim and Betty transferred ownership of McSpadden Dulcimers.
McSpadden Mountain Dulcimers
• Ook Pik Waltz - Duane Porterfield from Set in Stone
• Sheebeg Sheemore - Recorded live: Patricia Delich and Wayne Jiang
• Three Lizas - Jack and Mary Giger from Windmills
• Southwind - Recorded live: Jim Woods, Jack Giger, Mary Giger
• Westfork Girls - Stephen Seifert from The Early Years
• Who Will Sing For Me - Recorded live: Jim Woods, Judy Klinkhammer, Jack Giger, Mary Giger
• Dodd Mountain Waltz - Recorded live: Jim Woods and Judy Klinkhammer
Website Resource Links:
Menucha Dulcimer Festival
Menucha Mountain Dulcimer Festival Facebook page
Jim in front of the Dulcimer Shoppe sign in Mountain View, AR.
Jim and Judy about to play Dodd Mountain Waltz in the Dulcimer Shoppe gazebo (2013).
Jim on bass dulcimer, Mary on dulci-banjo, Judy and Jack on standard dulcimer about to play Who Will Sing For Me in the Dulcimer Shoppe gazebo (2013).
Jim, Mary, and Jack playing Southwind in the Dulcimer Shoppe gazebo (2013.)
Prototype courting dulcimer made by Jim Woods in 2013 with Arkansas walnut.
Jim and Betty Woods after December 2020 online interview with Wayne and Patricia.