Episode #051: The Sweet Harmonies of Aubrey Atwater and Elwood Donnelly
Listen Now (Duration 52 min.)
In this episode we feature the stories and music of Aubrey Atwater and Elwood Donnelly, a husband and wife musical duo based in Warren, Rhode Island. They’re well known for their blend of gorgeous vocals as well as being multi-instrumentalists. The amazing array of instruments they play include old-time banjo, tin whistle, guitar, mandolin, harmonica, limberjacks, feet, and of course, mountain dulcimer.
• The Jamestown Homeward Bound from The World is Old Tonight
• Willie of Winsbury from The World is Old Tonight
• Resignation from The World is Old Tonight
• I’ve Been a Foreign Lander| from The World is Old Tonight
• Bonnie James Campbell from The World is Old Tonight
• The Blackest Crow from The Blackest Crow
• Hangman’s Reel from The Weaver's Bonny
• A Mother’s Last Words from The Halfway Ground
• Each Other’s Story from Each Other's Story
Website Resource Links:
Our interview with Aubrey and Elwood, 2020.